SBC respects the privacy of visitors to our website, shonaliburke.com. Through the shonaliburke.com “Site” and its associated materials and blog (collectively, the “Sites”), visitors, customers, and any other users of the Sites may access articles and other materials; read and discuss blog posts; and request additional information regarding booking a speaking engagement, obtaining training or educational services, procuring SBC consulting services; or booking one on one sessions with SBC (collectively, the “Services”).
If particular Services provided by or on behalf of SBC refers or links to a different website, and you visit that website or its associated apps, be sure to review its privacy documentation and disclosures before providing your information to that third party. We strongly recommend that you review the relevant policies associated with third party tools and websites before interacting with or providing information to them.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT, HOW, AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Information from you when you visit the Sites, sign up for blog notifications, submit a request or support ticket, place an order, request to be included in our online communities, or contact us regarding any of the Services.
- “Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify a particular individual or Site user, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, user name, and any information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information, such as your IP address or geographic location information.
- Access and use our Sites: we automatically collect your personal identifiers (such as your IP address), location information (such as may be determined from your IP address or your service provider’s IP address used for the website DNS call), internet activity information (such as usage information), and device information (such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and your Website preferences) to provide our website to you and give you access to the Sites. We use Flywheel (managed website hosting), Google Analytics (website analytics tool, with standard features), PopupAlly Pro (WordPress website plugin), Social Warfare (social sharing website integration), and Zapier (app integration and automation tool) to support your access to and use of our Sites.
- Comment on our blog: we collect your personal identifiers (such as your user account name, email address) and location information (such as your IP address) to support your comments posted on the blog on our website. We use Viral Quiz Builder (WordPress quiz plugin) and Postmatic (WordPress email integration plugin) to support your interaction with SBC on our blog.
- Interaction on Facebook Pages and Community Groups: We have access to your Facebook account information through our Facebook Page (Shonali Burke Consulting) and Community Groups (Social PR Posse and Social PR Virtuoso) admin pages. Facebook’s privacy policies govern Facebook’s collection of your personal identifiers and a Facebook Page and/or Facebook Community Group administrator’s access to such information.
- Purchase a Service: we collect from you your identifiers (such as your first and last name, email address, shipping address, and telephone number) to support your purchase of a Service and to set up your account in our systems. Our e-commerce transaction platform and purchase processing partners, PayPal (online payment system), and Stripe (online payment system), collect additional financial information from you directly; that information is not shared with or accessed by SBC.
- Email communications and call scheduling: We collect from you your identifiers (such as your first and last name, email address, and telephone number) to communicate with you via email or set up a phone call. SBC uses Google Workspace (business software suite of apps) to communicate with you via email, and Calendly (meeting scheduling tool) for scheduling calls.
- Videoconferences and Webinars: We collect from you your identifiers (such as first name, last name, email address, and physical address) to support videoconferences with you and webinar sign up. We use Zoom (video and web conferencing), Calendly, Active Campaign, and Mailchimp to manage your sign up and participation in web meetings and events with us.
Our Sites include social media features, such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect identifiers (such as your IP address) and internet activity information (such as which page you are visiting on our Sites). These widgets may set a cookie or utilize other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media features and widgets are hosted by a third party and your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share Anonymous Information for any legitimate business purpose allowed under the applicable laws and regulations without notification or consent.
We will share your Personal Information with employees, consultants, affiliates, or other third-party businesses or persons for the purpose of processing your information on our behalf, including for maintenance or security purposes. These trusted parties agree to keep your Personal Information confidential, and your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties. We will not share your Personal Information with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
While we may request your consent to use or share your Personal Information to fulfill or perform Services regarding your requests, we may also use or share your Personal Information without your consent for any legitimate purpose as allowed under the applicable laws and regulations (see section titled “Notice Regarding Requested Consents,” below), including fulfilling contractual obligations to you, enforcing the Terms of Service, or bringing or defending against legal claims.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions, in addition to following industry best practices, to protect your information against loss, misuse, alteration, disclosure, unauthorized access, or destruction.
In addition to our technical and organizational security precautions, when you create an account, you must designate a password to secure your account information. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer or device.
Even though we have taken significant steps to ensure that your Personal Information is not intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed to or by unauthorized persons, you should know that we cannot eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
DO NOT TRACK
We respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. DNT is a preference you can set on your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser. For more information, visit: https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION:
We respect your privacy and want you to be informed of, and in control of, how your Personal Information is used. To exercise any of the requests described in this section, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to local law, you may have the right to control your Personal Information in the following ways:
- You can request access to your Personal Information and obtain a copy of all Personal Information about you in our possession;
- You can correct any errors in your Personal Information, or notify us of any changes to your Personal Information;
- In certain situations, you can request that we erase, block, or restrict access to your Personal Information;
- In certain situations, you can object to the particular ways in which we are using your Personal Information; and
- In certain situations, you can also request that we send your Personal Information to a third party.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is handled according to your wishes and in compliance with applicable laws.
NOTICE REGARDING REQUESTED CONSENTS
These uses, among others, may include:
- Complying with legal obligations, for example, tax, employment, and other laws or regulations;
- Fulfilling our contractual obligations to you;
- Furthering our legitimate business interests and purposes, whether performed by us or a third party, so long as that purpose does not override your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Preventing fraud;
- For internal administrative purposes, whether your data is maintained internally or shared with our subsidiaries and affiliates, franchisees, or third-party contractors for this purpose;
- Ensuring network and information security;
- Establishing, exercising, or defending against any legal claims; or
- Using your Personal Information in accordance with any valid consents you have given.
If we collect, retain, or use your Personal Information based on a legitimate interest or the public interest, as described above, you may have the right to object at any time to that use of your Personal Information if your local law gives you that right.
NOTICE REGARDING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services are not intended to be used by children. We do not knowingly solicit or collect any Personal Information about children under the age of 16 nor knowingly allow children to order our Services, communicate with us, or use any of our Sites. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have that information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 16, please tell us by sending an email to email@example.com. We will take all reasonable steps to delete the child’s Personal Information as soon as possible except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law.
SBC does not have actual knowledge that it sells Personal Information of minors under the age of 16. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state, province, or country of residence.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR RIGHTS AS A RESIDENT OF NEVADA
We do not sell personal information collected through our website for monetary consideration. Under Nevada law, you may opt-out of future sales of your personal information collected through our website for monetary consideration. If you want to opt-out of any potential future sales, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Opt-Out of Future Sale of Personal Information” in the subject line and body of your message.
Effective Date: September 15, 2020