To begin with, when you engage SBC, you get me. If your scope of work needs it (and, yes, your budget allows it), you get “we,” i.e. my fabulous partner network as well as me.
So, who exactly am I? Well, I am a growth strategist who helps purpose-driven brands bring big ideas to life through Social PR. Among other career highlights, I:
- rebuilt the ASPCA’s communication function, instituting its award-winning measurement program to boot;
- was named to PRWeek‘s first “top 40 Under 40” list, the first list of 25 Women That Rock Social Media and other v. cool lists;
- founded and continue to curate the popular #measurePR hashtag and Twitter chat;
- frequently speak on, and am quoted in, industry events and media; and
- have been privileged to work with some of the most forward-thinking and innovative organizations of our time.
I come from a long line of educators, and am deeply privileged to be on the faculty of The Johns Hopkins University (where I was voted 2016 “Instructor of the Year” for the MA/Communications program).
In 2015, I created and launched my own advanced online training in Social PR for PR pros, The Social PR Virtuoso® Master Course (you an get a taste of my approach to Social PR by signing up for the free masterclass I teach).
I give back to my profession and community as much as I can; by volunteering (IABC/DC Metro chapter president from 2009 to 2010, ColorComm’s founding board of advisors, and on the founding Advisory Council for Women in PR USA), mentoring, and providing pro bono services.
On the personal side, I:
- Am a great cook (and humble about it 🙂 ), which is helpful as I tend to follow a primal/paleo eating pattern;
- Adore animals (the late Suzy Q. was the love of my life);
- Am a neat freak; and
- Could dance all night, especially if it’s East Coast Swing or the classical Indian dance form, Kathak.
Enough about me. How can I help you?