Just a few more hours before we put our 2010 calendars away and start our New Year, eh?
My, time flies.
In a bit of a reminiscing mood, these were the highlights of 2010 for me.
1. I turned 40. And I liked it.
2. Connections that began in social media turned into real-life friendships.
3. I saw my brother (who lives in London) three times this year.
4. After nine years, I finally saw my sister again. In person. In my home. Trippy.
5. Thanks to Skype, I kept my phone bill down, and was able to talk regularly not just with my family but with friends all around the world as well.
6. #measurePR really took off (the next chat’s on January 4, btw, with Justin Goldsborough, where we’ll be talking influence).
7. I traveled a lot. A LOT. And loved it.
8. Waxing UnLyrical has started taking on a life of its own, and its blogging team is growing slowly but steadily.
9. Since the 2010 PRSA International Conference was held in DC, I was able to host many of the folks I’ve come to know, admire, respect and learn from via social media in my home.
Let me tell ya, cooking for 30 people is backbreaking, but completely worth it.
10. This year, I came to treasure even more the wonderful circle of family and friends who keep me going in good times and bad.
11. I served as IABC/DC Metro chapter president and with a fabulous volunteer board, managed to bring our chapter to a much better financial position than it was in previously.
When I look at this list that I’ve put together, the thread that runs through it is clear to me.
While technology and, yes, money, made a lot of these things possible, what stands out are the people who I met, reconnected with, got to know.
It’s always about people. With their faults and all, people are what keep us going; what keeps our humanity intact.
In 2011, I wish you health, happiness and wonderful, wonderful people.
Hi Shonali. Thanks for the mention on your calendar. See you on March 3!
My pleasure and looking forward to it!
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Shonali Burke, Amrit Pal S.. Amrit Pal S. said: Love posts like these unlike preposterous "x-things-to-do-this-year" ones. How People Made 2010 What it… http://bit.ly/ebgPoH via @shonali […]
Just an awesome post for the end of 2010. It was great getting to know you more (think technically we met at GrowSmartBiz Oct 2009) this year. And now working with you on KikScore. Rebecca and Asha send there very best too. Here is to an even more amazing 2011!!!!
Raj, ditto, and I’m hoping this will be the year KikScore really KIKS. :) Here’s to 2011 indeed!
Thanks for letting me be part of your world in 2010. I can only imagine what we can do in 2011. Bring it on! Happy New Year!
Mary, thank YOU!