Sometimes a brief speaking engagement isn’t enough. Because when you’re getting ready to change the communication culture of your organization, you want to do a deep dive, as opposed to skimming the surface.
This is where my training services can help. From workshops that might run from half a day all the way up to one or two days, I create a boot camp-like environment so that participants really get the chance to dig into the subject at hand. So, while there’s a fair amount of speaking included, there’s an equal amount of hands-on work that you and your colleagues will get to do.
While I would love you to book me for an in-person workshop, check out my online training offerings at The Social PR Virtuoso®. I know how we’re pulled in 53 different directions all the time, and wanted to offer affordable trainings that are also convenient.
Because you shouldn’t have to auction off your first-born to become a Social PR Badass.
The Social PR Virtuoso® Master Course is a four-module course that will teach you to take your Social PR from humdrum to “Hallelujah!” Outside of the killer course content, it comes with a private community, monthly group calls, and much more.
With everything from research, to socializing content, to smart media relations, to getting to grips with metrics, as well as 25+ templates, calendars, workflows, mind maps, and hacks that I’ve created over the years, this is the course I wish someone had created for me 10 years ago. They didn’t, so I did!
I open registrations periodically. And the best way to make sure you’re looped in is to sign up to stay in the know… not just for this course, but for all the other great Social PR essentials I’m developing exclusively for The Social PR Virtuoso®.
Workshops I frequently teach
Some of my most popular workshops include:
Gone are the days when “social media” was the domain of your twenty-something employees. Today, social platforms are where your customers and constituents of all ages and stages literally live online. If you’re a business leader, you should take this workshop to:
- Learn the three core principles of effective social media engagement
- Examine key social media platforms, and understand how they work on both personal and professional levels
- Review how businesses of all sizes have effectively used social media to support and reach business goals
- Experience the benefits of real-time social engagement through workshop exercises and hands-on participation
- Understand the kinds of metrics your social media team should and shouldn’t use when reporting back to you
There’s a difference between “hearing” and “listening.” Do you know which it is your organization or business does… and the business ramifications of not doing it well? In this workshop, you will:
- Learn the difference between “passive” and “active” listening (and ‘fess up which you’ve been doing thus far)
- Make the connection between active listening and strategy, and how they have a mutually symbiotic relationship
- Familiarize yourself with different types of listening dashboards (yes, some are free!) and how to use them effectively
- Experiment with simple yet effective techniques to build community through active listening online
- Understand how to put active listening at the center of your communication strategy for better business results
Today, good public relations entails much more than blindly blanketing the media (and bloggers) with information that’s of dubious value to begin with. And more often than not, it entails a strong element of building and managing online community. In this workshop, you will:
- Learn the three key elements of an effective 21st century “social PR” strategy, and how it differs from “old” PR
- Know which time-tested research and analytical methods you should still use in the 21st century
- Understand why talking at people isn’t effective, and how to effectively use today’s popular social media platforms to talk with them
- Experience real-time social engagement through workshop exercises and hands-on participation
- Understand how to effectively incorporate measurement, so that it validates and improves your programs and, therefore, your business
We have more measurement tools than ever before; so many, that we don’t know what to do with most of them. And no matter how good a tool is, you still need smart people using it in a smart way, to derive the most benefit. In this workshop, you will:
- Learn the basics of good PR measurement and, conversely, the seven deadly sins of bad measurement
- Understand how to differentiate between fact and fiction in the measurement context, and the two acronyms to stay far away from
- Master the process behind creating effective and realistic measurable objectives
- Learn how to incorporate online analytics into your PR measurement (yes, it can be done)
- Understand how to make the right kinds of correlations between your communication efforts and your organization’s business objectives
But wait, there’s more!
You can either use one of these as a starting point, or request a custom-built workshop for you from scratch. Either way, you get a tailored training program that will better equip you and your colleagues to deal with the digital world.
Here’s some of what folks have to say:
“Shonali knows her stuff. A dynamic speaker, she makes measurement – a subject that makes some of the best PR pros dizzy – easy to understand and implement.” ~ Dawn Buzynski, Strategic America
“In a field that’s crowded with speakers and trainers, Shonali’s no-nonsense, hands-on approach stands out as much for its refreshing clarity as much for her humorous and engaging presentation style. Hire her today!” ~Kathy Barbour, APR, Baptist Health South Florida
Ready? Let’s get started.