Are you up for helping a non-profit volunteer win a $5,000 award? If yes, read on.
If you’re like most people, you get most of your inspiration from people who are quietly changing the world each and every day. I know I do.
They’re not on the front page of the newspaper, and they’re not mingling with the Gates and Buffets of the world… or heck, even the Shankmans and Brogans of our world.
They’re everyday people like you and me who have shown extraordinary commitment to making this world better than when they found it.
Image: Lel4nd via Flickr, CC 2.0
Well, here’s your chance to shine a spotlight on them.
The CTK Foundation “Heroes with a Heart” Grant Award is asking you to nominate a “Hero with a Heart,” and give them a chance to win $5,000, as a “thank you” for the hard work that they do.
What’s the 4-1-1 on the Heroes With a Heart grant?
- $15,000 for Three Heroes: one Hero with a Heart from each of the three categories of Health and Human Social Service, Animal Rights and Environmental Protection and Arts and Literacy will be awarded $5,000 (USD) and a professionally produced video about their affiliated nonprofit for use in public awareness or education;
- $1,500 for One Hero: the CTK Foundation will also be offering a $1,500 (USD) President’s Choice Award (the Susan Lee Winter Grant Award) for an individual working to provide creative and innovative approaches to HIV/AIDS education or prevention; and
- Blogger’s Choice Award: there will be a Blogger’s Choice Award of $1,000 (USD). The CTK Foundation will choose a blogger (it could be me!) who will hand-pick one winner from any category;
- Worldwide non-profits/charities: as long as they’re registered, the awards are open to any non-profit organizations/charities, of all types and sizes, worldwide;
- Nominate in February: the nomination period opens today (Feb. 1) and continues through Wednesday, Feb. 29, closing at midnight EST;
- Public voting: finalists will appear on the CTK Facebook Page for public voting during April, and the winners will be announced on May 1, 2012.
Here’s a neat video they put together to tell you more about it, and if you don’t pay attention to anything else, please remember that your nominee must be a non-paid volunteer (i.e. they can’t be paid for their heartfulness).
So, you could actually help a non-profit volunteer win up to $7,500 (USD). Pretty cool, huh?
How about it? Will you help out? You can nominate your Hero with a Heart here, and I’d love to know about your nominee too (after all, if I win that Blogger’s Choice Award, I’m going to need your help in selecting the winner).
So do spread the word, and tell me, via a comment, who your Hero with a Heart is. I do want to know… and good luck!
@chillygal Thanks, Jeri!
Thanks for the shout out, @shonali
@ctksocial You’re so welcome, glad to help spread the word.
Shonali – Thanks for blogging about this! I’ve worked with these guys for a couple of years. The real deal!
@JohnHaydon Thanks for getting me involved, John! I hope they get a ton of submissions.
Great idea. Let’s see…who can I help to win…?
@KenMueller Think hard!