I suppose it’s always “quite a week” for someone, somewhere, but it’s felt particularly like “quite a week” here, what with everything going on in the Middle East, Japan, and so much more.
I don’t know about you, but I need some comic relief.
So while I hope this week’s roundup makes you smile, it’s as much for me as it is for you.
A gal’s gotta laugh, dammit!
1. What our business blog is learning from Charlie Sheen, by Dojo Mike at the KikScore blog.
Why: it’s not because KikScore is a former client (consider yourselves disclosed), but because this is one of the best and funniest Charlie Sheen-related posts I’ve read.
2. Ravi Shastri – an Ode to the Feeling, by Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.
Why: you need to be familiar with cricket in general, and Indian cricket personalities in particular to really get this, but even if you’re not, it’s hilarious.
I bet you could apply it to anyone who thinks they’re, shall we say, larger than life?
3. Etch-a-Sketch 2 takes gadget world by storm, by Andy Borowitz.
Why: iPad 2 fever, anyone?
4. My typical supermarket experience, a cartoon from C-Section Comics.
Why: because this is exactly. What. Happens!
5. Wolves, from Hyperbole and a Half.
Why: it will leave you smiling while also wondering just when your head will explode because it’s so awesome.
6. The Itch., from Barefoot Foodie.
Why: if you’re in a long-term relationship, you’ve been there. And if you haven’t yet, you will be.
7. ClichÃ©d limerick, from Mad Kane’s Humor Blog.
Why: you’ll know when you read it.
Have a smile or two today.
It’s on me.