Ghouls and ghosties and Lady Gagas and I’m sure several Sarah Palins will abound as they go door-to-door, foraging for sugar, wondering if they’ll get scared out of their lives.
Given as how I’m nursing a cold (or bronchitis, or pneumonia, please NOT pneumonia), I might doff the witch’s garb this year and opt for peace and quiet.
Especially since my hounds don’t realize that those little ghoulies are just kids and set up a caterwauling wild enough to make a banshee cry.
But in the spirit of the day, here are seven posts for your Hallowe’en hilarity.
1. Trick or Tweet? Some Halloween social media fun for a good cause, from Beth Kanter.
Why: Even though this post is two years old, it’s still a great idea.
2. How to celebrate Halloween social media style, from New Media Strategies.
Why: pure fun. Though it might be lost on the kids coming to collect their candy.
3. The Halloween theory of social media, from Richard Bailey’s PR Studies.
Why: you could let social media say “boo” to you. Or not. Up to you.
5. Why: part of the problem with PR is that businesses still don’t understand what we do. And that leads to stuff like this.
Why: especially for my friends (and foes) who run small businesses. Take heart, not howls.
7. Let’s Halloween up PR, by, er, me.
Why: if we don’t enjoy what we do, what’s the point?
Image: YiYing Lu via Flickr, Creative Commons